- Born: Warmia (now Barczewo), East Prussia, German Empire, 7 February 1877
- Died: Poznań, Poland, 18 January 1946
Feliks Nowowiejski (1877-1946) is almost unknown outside Poland, but in the early 20th century he was seen as Poland’s most important living composer. His oratorio Quo vadis?, based on Sienkiewicz’s novel, was performed around the world until WWII.
Twice winner of the Giacomo Meyerbeer Prize.
OPERAS AND ORATORIOS
- Powrót syna marnotrawnego (oratorio, 1902)
- Swaty polskie (oratorio, 1903)
- Znalezienie Świętego Krzyża (oratorio, 1906)
- Quo vadis (oratorio, 1907)
- Emigranci (1917)
- Legenda Bałtyku (1924) ***